Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ombre Lips




First Blog Post!
Hello there! This is my first blog post and i am happy to share my knowledge on Hair, Makeup, Fashion, and everything BEAUTIFUL in-between! Lets get down to business! 

 Ombre Lips

Lately i have really been so inspired by Ombre Lips. This lip technique is a good skill to learn because they can make anyones lips look more full and 3 dimensional. Since i have learned this trick i almost can't do my lips without a little ombre! Let me show you some inspiration:

 Anything gold: YES!


Here is my variation!


 This technique might look quite intimidating, but let me tell you my friends, don't let it get to your head! I will show you step by step:
Let's break it down:

Rule #1 when doing any kind of lip, ALWAYS prime your canvas!
I grabbed a picture off of google to give you an idea. 


I always do this first when starting my lips. I usually use either a concealer or eye shadow base. not only will this help your lips stay on better during they day, but it will be helpful to perfect the finish product. (ill explain later.)

This is the concealer i used today. If i'm not using this, then i generally choose either MAC Concealer in NW20 OR i use MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.

Next: create a darker shade on the outside of your lip. Line your lip with the darkest of your ombre shade choice. I chose this specific NYX lip pencil because the pink was very intense.
Rule #2: Always use a lip pencil/liner! Again this will help your lips stay longer. 

NYX Lipliner Pencil in FUSCHIA.

Next i chose an instense darker lipstick to go over my liner. 
This specific shade was MAC Amplified in GIRL ABOUT TOWN. 

Up next choose a very light lip stick or any other thicker lip product. It need to be SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than your dark lip shade (at least 3 or 4 shades lighter!). I blotted this product right on the pouty part of my lower lip and the used my fingers to blend a little so there was no harsh line. 
I LOVE this NYX Xtreme Shine Lip Cream in NUDE PEACH FUZZ. Its very matte and stays on ALL day. You can find it at the Nordstrom Rack!

This next step is preference but it will give your lips that major POP. I took an eyeshadow brush and tapped a bit of this MAC Glitter in REFLECTS GOLD right in the center. 

Very last, this is a step i do no matter what lip i am creating. I learned this trick a few years ago on a MAC tutorial and it makes my lips look 100x better. Take any concealer brush (it really doesn't matter what shape), and dab it in some of that concealer from before and line the very outlines of your lips. This will create a very crisp and clean line. 
This is the brush i used. 



BOOM! There is your own Ombre Lip! 

If you have an questions please feel free to ask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment